Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Linked server problem

Hi All,
I have set up linked server and ..Server A & Server B
from Server B..I select from SERVER A and Update on SERVER B. It workd great
but when i put trigger on SERVER B on the same table I'm updating it gives
me below error...I have checked all basic setting like DTC & logins and ever
ything looks fine
This is not even distributed tran as I'm not updating two DB as same time ju
st selectting from one and updating other
ERROR
The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'
was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the
specified transaction coordinator. ]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ITransactionJoin::JoinTra
nsaction returned 0x8004d00a].
Any help AppreciatedDo you have Distrubuted transaction coordinator running?|||Yes, DTS is running..I have checked all basic stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment