Monday, March 26, 2012

linked server permissions

I have a query on a web site that I'm trying to run. I get this error: Access
to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists.
I can run the query as myself (sysadmin). The user that has problems only
has db_datareader and db_datawriter permissions. Does this user need
different permissions?
Thanks,
Dan D.
If you are using linked server, check this out....
http://databasejournal.com/features/...le.php/3116011
Thanks
GYK
"Dan D." wrote:

> I have a query on a web site that I'm trying to run. I get this error: Access
> to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists.
> I can run the query as myself (sysadmin). The user that has problems only
> has db_datareader and db_datawriter permissions. Does this user need
> different permissions?
> Thanks,
> --
> Dan D.
|||Thanks.
"GYK" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> If you are using linked server, check this out....
> http://databasejournal.com/features/...le.php/3116011
> Thanks
> GYK
> "Dan D." wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment