Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Linked Server Problem -- This is tough

I have a Replication subscription set up on ServerA to push to ServerB and I
was trying to set up a linked server to ServerB from ServerA. I got the
following error:
Server: Msg 15028, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
The server 'ServerA' already exists.
So I ran microsofts suggested script at
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;274098. I then added
a loging using sp_addlinkedsrvlogin as suggested and I still could select
from ServerB. I was getting:
Server: Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1, Line 1
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.
Please help. I am lost. What exactly do I need to do now to be able to
select data from ServerB while I'm logged on to ServerA.
Thank you.
James
I am assuming that this is a SQL2K server.
if it is then I would suggest the following
1) ensure that the sqlserver service account on server A is defined on
server B as a valid account(i.e. has access to server B)
2) ensure that the sql server service account on server A is trusted for
delegation - this is more important than (3) below
3) ensure that the sql server service account on server B is trusted for
delegation and this
4) ensure that the service account has been added to 'impersonate a client
after authenication' and 'access this computer from the network' as well as
all other permissions listed in
plus any other permissions listed in the kba(detailing permissions required
for sqlservice account if it's not in the Administrators group and built
in\admins has been taken out of logins) - sorry I cannot find the kba at the
moment
"Hex Caliber" <hex@.caliber.com> wrote in message
news:E83105D4-BF71-4900-9586-D9BCA34C01D8@.microsoft.com...
> I have a Replication subscription set up on ServerA to push to ServerB and
I
> was trying to set up a linked server to ServerB from ServerA. I got the
> following error:
> Server: Msg 15028, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
> The server 'ServerA' already exists.
> So I ran microsofts suggested script at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;274098. I then
added
> a loging using sp_addlinkedsrvlogin as suggested and I still could select
> from ServerB. I was getting:
> Server: Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1, Line 1
> Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection.
> Please help. I am lost. What exactly do I need to do now to be able to
> select data from ServerB while I'm logged on to ServerA.
> Thank you.
> James
>

No comments:

Post a Comment