Wednesday, March 28, 2012

linked server problem

I have two SQL server A and B and I want to access data from one to the other server.
I setup a linked server named 'LinkB' on A to link server B, I can see tables and views of B when I click the linked server node in EM. I can also execute select or SP of B in Query analyzer, It works well.

My question is, when I try to built a linked server 'LinkA' on B to link A, It seems no problem occur, but when I click the linked server node, I can not see any tables or views of A, and I can't execute SQL like 'select * from A.database.dbo.table' in Query analyzer.

I use 'sa' to connect the two SQL server.

who can tell me the real reason?
thankscan u give more imformation about servers?|||Originally posted by a1ex
can u give more imformation about servers?
the two server are all Microsoft SQL Server 7.00 - 7.00.623 (Intel X86)
I can connect to A and B in EM use same userid 'sa' and password.

Thanks very much!!|||who can help me with this problem? thanks!|||Originally posted by shine_law

My question is, when I try to built a linked server 'LinkA' on B to link A, It seems no problem occur, but when I click the linked server node, I can not see any tables or views of A

i noticed that you mentioned "linkA" and then said "link A" i thi sa typo or is this how you called it?|||I placed 'LinkA' on server B, 'LinkA' is the name of the lined server, which is used to access data on server A. Actully,I can call it any other name, suck as 'LinkFromBtoA'

thankssql

No comments:

Post a Comment